Now’s the time to declutter before winter returns. Everything you drop off will be recycled at Bellevue’s Annual Fall Recycling Event, Saturday, Oct. 28, 9 a.m.-3 p.m., at Bellevue Presbyterian Church, 1717 Bellevue Way NE.
What’s accepted: If you haven’t been able to find a second life for the following items, please make sure they are safely secured when you transport them to the event with tarps, rope, straps, netting or other means. Only cars, passenger vans and pickups are allowed to drop off items. No flatbed or dump trucks are allowed. We reserve the right to refuse oversized, commercial or contaminated loads.
Cash-only fee for the following items:
• Appliances and scrap metal ($33 for air conditioners, $28 for refrigerators and freezers, $5 for water heaters with insulation coating)
• Mattresses and box springs ($15 per item)
• Porcelain toilets and sinks ($15 per item)
• Residential propane tanks ($5 per item) and small, empty camping tanks ($1)
• Tires (limit six for the following: $2 for each tire, $3.50 for each tire on a rim, $10 for each large truck tire, and $15 for each truck tire on a rim)
Other items accepted include:
• Auto parts (metal and non-greasy)
• Appliances (such as blenders, dishwashers, dryers and washing machines, microwaves, stoves, and toasters)
• Clean scrap wood (untreated and unpainted)
• Electronic equipment (DVD and VCR players, cell phones, computer keyboards and mice, copiers, fax machines, printers, scanners, and stereos)
• Exercise equipment
• Secure shredding of confidential materials (limit 5 file-sized boxes no larger than 15 inches long, 10-inches wide, and 12 inches high)
• Lawnmowers (drain oil and gasoline, remove batteries for electric)
• Lead acid batteries (car, truck, marine and motorcycle)
• Metal lawn furniture
• Rigid plastics (such as buckets, children’s toys, coolers, laundry baskets, plastic lawn furniture, PVC pipe and sports bottles)
• Styrofoam blocks and packing peanuts (white blocks and packing peanuts of any color)
For more details, explore the event flyer online at https://bellevuewa.gov/fallrecyclingevent.