The Bellevue City Council is seeking candidates for a vacancy on the Human Services Commission. Commissioners: 1) must reside within the limits of the city of Bellevue, 2) have an interest in and/or knowledge of human services, and 3) may not, during their tenure as a commissioner, be a member of the Board of Directors of a human service agency.
Residents in newly annexed areas are particularly encouraged to apply.
Members serve four-year terms and meetings are held on the first and third Tuesday of each month at 6:30 p.m.
The Human Services Commission is charged with representing the diversity of the community and is responsible for developing issues for the City Council, including:
1. – Providing the public with opportunities to be involved in the commission’s activities;
2. – Reviewing all requests for funding of human services in light of Human Services Policies adopted by City Council.
3. – Developing recommendations on priorities for the allocation of city resources to meet identified needs;
4. – Pursuing regional cooperation in the planning, funding and delivery of human services;
5. – Conducting studies and providing recommendations on emerging issues and concerns in the area of human services; and
6. – Commenting on city actions which may affect the availability of human services in the city.
Those interested may pick up a community service application from the City Clerk’s Office or the Service First Desk in City Hall, as well as in the Bellevue Regional Library, the Lake Hills Library, and the Mini City Hall at Crossroads Shopping Center. People also may request that a form be faxed to them by phoning 452-6466.
Applications must be received by the City Clerk on or before September 30, 2009 through one of the following means:
Hand delivered: Second floor at City Hall, 450 110th Avenue NE
Mailing Address: P.O. Box 90012, Bellevue, Washington, 98009-9012
Fax: (206) 452-2734
E-mail: mmurphy@ bellevuewa.gov
Additional information is available by calling Emily Leslie, Human Services Manager, at 425-452-6452.