AAA’s Seattle and Eastside stores are teaming up with six local charities to provide fresh opportunities for our neighbors in need.
This year marks the 10th anniversary of AAA Washington’s annual Soap for Hope donation drive, which collects unused travel- and full-size toiletry items for shelters, food banks and other charitable organizations in the community where they are donated. Donations can be made at any AAA store across Washington and northern Idaho now through the end of the year. Local AAA store locations include:
• AAA Alderwood Cruise & Travel: 3000 196th St. SW, Lynnwood benefitting Domestic Violence Services of Snohomish County
• AAA Bellevue: 14404 NE 20th St., Suite 150 (moving to 1100 Bellevue Way NE in November) benefitting REST and Sophia Way
• AAA Issaquah: 405 NW Gilman Blvd., Suite 102 benefitting Issaquah Food & Clothing Bank
• AAA Renton: 3900 E. Valley Road, Suite 105 benefitting St. Vincent de Paul Food Bank
• AAA Seattle Cruise & Travel: 1523 15th Ave. W. benefitting Ballard Food Bank
As a result of the generosity of members, the public, local businesses and community partners, AAA Washington has collected more than 850,000 toiletry items for local charities over the past nine years. AAA hopes to reach a milestone of one million donations this year.
To donate, scan your bathroom cabinets and gather unused toiletries from your last vacation, freebies from the dentist’s office or a few extra items from a bulk warehouse purchase. Donations of new, full- and sample-size toiletry items, such as shampoo, conditioner, soap, razors, deodorant, lotion, toothpaste and toothbrushes, are accepted at all AAA stores in Washington and northern Idaho.