J.Crew in Bellevue recently started their Give-And-Get coat drive.
As part of One Warm Coat, a 25-year-old national nonprofit, this season, J. Crew will give those who donate a gently worn piece of outerwear $25 off of a J. Crew purchase of $125 or more. The offer will last until Dec. 25.
Coat donations can be made at J. Crew – Bellevue, 2058 Bellevue Square during store hours.
One Warm Coat recently announced Nov. 1 as One Warm Coat Day to bring awareness to the importance of donating coats to those in need. They’re currently seeking volunteers to reach a goal of collecting 1 million coats this season.
According to The National Coalition for the Homeless, each year, approximately 700 homeless people die from hypothermia, and one in five children in America are affected by poverty. And for nearly 15 percent of Americans living in poverty, a warm winter coat is considered an “extra” in the budget.
One Warm Coat is encouraging people to support One Warm Coat Day by signing up to host a drive or donating coats to local drives. To donate a coat on One Warm Coat Day, visit your local Brooks Brothers, Cabela’s or J. Crew store, or any other active coat drives. To find a participating location near you, search the One Warm Coat drive locator.
“We’re incredibly proud of our accomplishments – what started with one coat drive in San Francisco 25 years ago has spread warmth across the country with more than 27,000 coat drives,” said Jennifer Stockard, president and CEO, One Warm Coat. “However, there is still a great need and with One Warm Coat Day, we want to encourage individuals and businesses alike to help people who lack enough warm clothing to stay protected this winter.”
What One Warm Coat Does Annually:
• Creates opportunities for nearly 600,000 individuals to receive a warm coat
• Touches the lives of hundreds of thousands of people
• Supports more than 3,500 coat drive organizers by providing free instructions, materials, tools and resources
• Hosts and maintains a searchable database of coat drive events across North America
• Assists 1,000-plus community agencies in receiving the coats they need
• Works with more than 1,000 companies and brands to engage employees and customers to give the gift of warmth
To register your own One Warm Coat drive, register online at www.onewarmcoat.org/register.
To learn more about One Warm Coat, visit www.onewarmcoat.org.