Bellevue police arrest two after string of crimes

The suspects were recently charged for their crimes.

Bellevue Police arrested two suspects in an early morning crime spree on Nov. 16.

At 4:52 a.m., police received a report of a hit and run crash in the 4000 block of 181st Place Southeast in Issaquah. The homeowner called to report that a suspicious vehicle had been parked in the driveway and struck their garage door, causing damage. The vehicle fled the area before the police arrived, however the homeowner provided the license plate number of the vehicle. Police learned that the vehicle had been reported stolen from Snohomish.

The remains of a stolen vehicle that was involved in a hit and run, arson, assault, and burglary were later found in Bellevue.

At 6:12 a.m., Bellevue Police received another 911 call of a vehicle on fire at an office park in the 3300 block of 161st Avenue Southeast. A security guard called to report that he saw two individuals walking away from a vehicle on fire. When the guard confronted the men, one of them pulled out a hammer and threatened the guard. The two suspects ran away from the scene on foot.

Later, at 6:55 a.m. Bellevue Police received a call of a burglary in progress from the 3300 block of 161st Court Southeast. The homeowner called to report that a male had forced his way into her condo unit and was demanding the victim’s car keys. The victim escaped to a neighbor’s unit and called 911. Police arrived and determined the suspect had jumped off a rear balcony and left the scene on foot.

At 8:21 a.m., police located the first suspect, a 30-year-old Tukwila resident, near the intersection of Southeast Eastgate Way and Southeast 35th Place after construction workers in the area reported the suspect acting strangely. Then, at 9:35 a.m., an officer located and arrested the second suspect, a 25-year-old Seattle resident, in the 1800 block of West Lake Sammamish Parkway Southeast, over a mile from the location of the arson.

Police were assisted by at least three residents calling 911 to report the suspects in their yards or running in the area, after police provided an alert to the neighborhood.

Bellevue detectives responded to conduct a follow-up investigation at the crime scenes.