Everything locals drop off at the Bellevue Presbyterian Church will be recycled at Bellevue’s 2018 Residential Recycling Collection event.
This is the only event for this year, and will take place on May 26, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Organizers asked locals to make sure the items are safely secured when they are transporting them to the event with tarps, rope, straps, netting or other means. Only cars, passenger vans and pickups are allowed to drop off items. No flatbed or dump trucks are allowed. Organizers reserve the right to refuse oversized, commercial or contaminated loads.
Cash-only fee for the following items:
- Appliances and scrap metal ($33 for air conditioners, $28 for refrigerators and freezers, $5 for water heaters with insulation coating)
- Mattresses and box springs ($15 per item)
- Porcelain toilets and sinks ($15 per item)
- Residential propane tanks ($5 per item) and small, empty camping tanks ($1)
- Tires (limit six for the following: $1 for each tire, $3.50 for each tire on a rim, $5 for each large truck tire, and $15 for each truck tire on a rim)
Other items accepted include:
- Auto parts (metal and non-greasy)
- Appliances (such as blenders, dishwashers, dryers and washing machines, microwaves, stoves and toasters)
- Clean scrap wood (untreated and unpainted)
- Electronic equipment (DVD and VCR players, cell phones, computer keyboards and mice, copiers, fax machines, printers, scanners and stereos)
- Exercise equipment
- Lawnmowers (drain oil and gasoline, remove batteries for electric)
- Lead acid batteries (car, truck, marine and motorcycle)
- Metal lawn furniture
- Rigid plastics (such as buckets, children’s toys, coolers, laundry baskets, plastic lawn furniture, PVC pipe, and sports bottles)
- Styrofoam blocks and packing peanuts (white blocks and packing peanuts of any color)
Secure shredding of confidential materials:
- The limit is five file-sized boxes no larger than 15 inches long, 10 inches wide, and 12 inches high.