NW Productions will host The Global Beauty Awards, a first of its kind in celebrating pageantry, its leaders and the accomplishments of the women who participate. The special event will take place March 10 in Bellevue to recognize a variety of trailblazers who challenge pageant stereotypes and create opportunities for women.
“There are major awards shows for actors, athletes and musicians, among others, but no event that celebrates individuals at the international level who have had outstanding achievements in pageantry,” said Maureen Francisco, co-founder and executive producer of the beauty awards. “The Global Beauty Awards will honor those who have participated in pageants and gone on to build successful careers for themselves, as well as leaders who have contributed to the success of a particular system, many of whom have also excelled in business, science, politics, entertainment and more.”
The awards have nominated people in more than 30 categories recognizing the best worldwide from all pageant systems including former and current titleholders, contestants, makeup artists, hair stylists, coaches, directors and others.
Additionally, Paula M. Shugart, president of The Miss Universe Organization, will receive the Lifetime Achievement Award for her accomplishments in empowering the 10,000 women who participate annually in the Miss Universe, Miss USA and Miss Teen USA programs that provide an international platform to affect positive change through humanitarian and professional efforts. Throughout its history, The Miss Universe Organization has evolved into a powerful, year-round, global organization that advances and supports opportunities for women, as well as their philanthropic initiatives around the world. In addition to her role as president, Shugart is a mentor to the company’s three titleholders as they travel globally as spokespeople of the organization’s charitable alliances in addition to their own personal platforms.
Additional guests will include:
• Sabina Ghebremedhin: Five-time Emmy Award winning producer of “Good Morning America”
• Denise White: Miss Oregon USA 1994; founder of EAG Sports Management, a sports firm for high-end athletes
• Jamie Kern Lima: Co-founder of IT Cosmetics; the first female CEO of any L’Oréal-owned brand in the company’s 108-year history after selling her own beauty brand to L’Oréal for $1.2 billion in 2016
• Royal Malloy: Co-founder of American Chainsaws Entertainment and distributor of over 20 TV network reality programs
• Kára McCullough: the current Miss USA
• National and state titleholders, directors, producers, judges and influencers from a variety of global pageant systems