In unprecedented times, The Bellevue Collection is still trying to bring new fall fashions to residents with annual fashion week.
This year, Fashion Week Live will include virtual catwalks, local designer showcases at the shopping center and gifts with purchases at the location from Sept. 21 to 27.
Fashion Week has been a staple of The Bellevue Collection since 2006, and also raises funds for local nonprofits. This year, proceeds from the virtual runway shows will go to Bellevue LifeSpring, that supports students and breaking the cycle of poverty.
“We all know this year looks a little different and we weren’t going to let that stop us from continuing to provide fashion inspiration and entertainment and the ability to fundraise,” The Bellevue Collection VP of Marketing Jennifer Leavitt stated in a press release.
The runway shows, Fashion Forward Runway Shows, display new trends available to purchase at the Collection. The release states 100% of proceeds go to LifeSpring. The events include:
- Posh Party Trend Show, at 7 p.m. on Friday, Sept. 25, is a “girl’s night in,” according to the release, on the latest fall trends. Tickets are available for $50 and include a virtual viewing link, $25 gift card to The Bellevue Collection and exclusive swag for the first 300 people who buy tickets.
- The Collective Runway Show, at 7 p.m. on Saturday, Sept. 26, is inspired by fashion week runway shows around the world. Tickets are available for $50 and include a virtual viewing link, $25 gift card to The Bellevue Collection and exclusive swag for the first 300 people who buy tickets.
“Our Fashion Forward programming is a new take on a tradition, and we hope those who typically visit us for Fashion Week join us virtually from the comfort of their homes or visit us to get a first-hand look at trends and independent designers, all for a good cause,” Leavitt stated.
Other virtual and in-person events include:
- Sept. 17 to Sept. 27: Independent Designer Showcase. “Seven diverse, independent designers will showcase their fall designs throughout Bellevue Square. The exhibit features designers Sophie Karen of Dawson & Deveraux, Maria Venturini of Venturini Couture, Gustave Apiti of Gustavo Apiti, Kate Mensah of Kate S. Mensah, Deyonté Weather of Deyonté Weather Collection, Erika Dalya Massaquoni of The OULA Companyand Devon Yan of DEVONATION.”
- Sept. 21 to 27: Fashion Forward Live Studio. “The Bellevue Collection invites guests backstage for a glimpse into the behind-the-scenes production of a runway show and collection from the comfort of home or during a visit to the shopping center. In addition, the Fashion Forward Live Studio will stream interviews with special guests on @bellevuecollectionIGTV, allowing followers to tune-in to fall tips and tricks from the palm of their hands.”
- Sept. 21 to Sept. 27: “Michael Bruce Image Consulting will assist shoppers with their autumn wardrobes, providing expertise and taste. Bruce boasts more than 25 years of experience in the apparel industry, working in top fashion cities such as New York, London and Paris and styling clients from TV personalities to athletes and CEOs.
From Sept. 21 to Sept. 27, customers will get a gift card from Guest Services on a $200 purchase of $30 and on a $500 purchase of $75 gift card.
Tickets and information are available at FashionWeekBellevue.com.