‘Pyro’ caught with fire at bus shelter | Bellevue Police Blotter

July 31

Man caught with heroin: At 2:17 a.m. at the Newport Hills park and ride, an officer contacted a suspect for a traffic violation but ended up arresting him for drug paraphernalia and a small amount of suspected heroin.

Police snuff Puget Sound Energy protest: At 10:05 a.m. in the 10800 block of NE Fourth St., several officers responded to the Puget Sound Energy building after learning about 30 people were protesting inside of the business. After police spoke to the group, the protesters sang a few more songs and then slowly walked off the property. The group had signs, instruments and a large tube, which resembled an oil pipeline.

Marijuana dealer steals necklace: At 5:24 p.m. in the 11600 block of NE Eighth St., a suspect tried to sell a victim marijuana. When the victim leaned into the suspect’s vehicle, the suspect ripped off the victim’s necklace and sped off, fleeing the scene.

Aug. 1

Police catch car thief: At 6 a.m. in the 3900 block of 108th Ave. NE, an officer was en route to take a stolen vehicle report when he saw the stolen vehicle traveling southbound on 108th Avenue Northeast. The officer stopped the vehicle and waited for backup before removing a passenger and arresting the driver. A shaved key was discovered in the vehicle’s ignition.

Deer put out of misery: At 10:08 a.m. in the 4000 block of Coal Creek Parkway SE, an officer responded to reports of a deer in the roadway. The animal had been hit but was still alive and needed to be put down. The officer contacted a sergeant and traffic was stopped both ways so no one saw the animal when they put it down.

Why one earring?: At 5:33 p.m. in the 2000 block of 148th Ave. NE, a woman in an electric shopping cart tried on an earring at the jewelry counter and then switched it with a similar looking, but not identical, fake earring. An employee confronted the woman but she got verbally confrontational and left the store.

Aug. 2

You’ve had too much: At 12:01 a.m. in the 10300 block of Main St., a woman was involuntarily committed to a local hospital after police determined she was unable to care for herself. Police responded to the highly intoxicated woman who was initially found passed out in a parking lot. The woman seemed confused when police spoke to her. Officers stated she was a risk to her own safety.

Aug. 3

Don’t sell drugs to the janitor: At 2:28 a.m. in the 3900 block of Factoria Blvd. SE, mail security reported to police that a woman offered to sell a janitor black tar heroin and was acting strange. Officers contacted the woman inside the store and arrested her because she had an active trespass citation on the property she was at.

That’s one way to pay rent: At 2:23 p.m. in the 700 block of Bellevue Way NE, three suspects entered a jewelry store, smashed a glass case with a sledge hammer and took an undisclosed amount of jewelry from the case. Detectives are actively investigating the crime.

Aug. 4

Man in underwear arrested: At 8:30 a.m. in the 1300 block of 104th Ave. SE, police received calls of a male walking down the street in only his underwear. Officers arrived and contacted the man who appeared confused and didn’t want to talk. Police called for aid, as the man had recently been involved in a physical disturbance with his wife at a nearby residence. Police arrested him for domestic violence assault in the fourth-degree and he was booked into jail.

‘Pyro’ caught with fire at bus shelter: At 5:49 a.m. at 140th Ave. and Bel Red Road, officials with the Bellevue Fire Department reported a male dancing around a small fire in a Metro bus shelter. A police officer contacted the suspect and extinguished the fire. She then detained the suspect in handcuffs after she noticed he had three large throwing knives on his hip. The suspect admitted to setting the fire because he was bored and “fancied himself ‘a low end pyro.’ ” A reckless burning charge was forwarded to the city prosecutor.

Aug. 6

Fake money users give chase: At 9:42 p.m. in the 10100 block of NE Eighth St., several suspects entered a pharmacy and tried to pass a counterfeit $100 bill. The suspects then fled on foot. Police received a call involving the same suspects who were trying to enter residences. A worker found one of the suspects in a house that was under construction. Police set up a perimeter and a King County Sheriff K9 responded. But the location was clear. The suspect had fled.