The King County Prosecutor’s Office dropped the investigation of the alleged rape of a 14-year-old girl that occurred at a house party in Yarrow Point last year, due to insufficient evidence. Photo courtesy of Melissa O’Donohue/Flickr

The King County Prosecutor’s Office dropped the investigation of the alleged rape of a 14-year-old girl that occurred at a house party in Yarrow Point last year, due to insufficient evidence. Photo courtesy of Melissa O’Donohue/Flickr

Prosecutor drops rape investigation against Bellevue High students

Insufficient evidence in the alleged rape of a teen girl at a house party last year.

The King County Prosecutor’s Office recently determined there was insufficient evidence to charge suspects in the alleged rape of a 14-year-old girl that occurred at a house party in Yarrow Point last year.

The decision was finalized on Feb. 2 and was based on the review of all evidence submitted by Clyde Hill Police, a spokesperson with the King County Prosecutor’s Office said on Monday.

“Based on the information we were able to obtain, at this time, we are unable to file charges; but it is possible to revisit the decision should new information be presented, taking into consideration the statute of limitations,” the spokesperson said.

Clyde Hill police investigated the case in April 2017 after several Eastside teens were accused of allegedly raping a teenage girl, a Bellevue resident, while she was at a house party in Yarrow Point.

According to a 2017 search warrant affidavit for various smart phones, the victim reported the alleged rape to a Clyde Hill officer and was evaluated at Harborview Medical Center on April 3.

Two 16-year-old boys who attended Bellevue High School were under investigation. Police believed people at the party took photos of the alleged rape and shared them through Snapchat and text messages.

The party, which was reported as “large,” was held on April 1. An officer said he witnessed between 150 and 200 teenagers leaving when he arrived to shut it down. The victim, however, did not leave. According to the search warrant documents, she spent the night at the house and awoke the next morning to blood on her shoes and a sore abdomen.

Although she believed she had sex the night before, she was unsure, as she had been intoxicated.

According to a past report, the juvenile who threw the house party told the victim that she might have been raped at the party and that she had been “tag-teamed” by two teenage boys.

Her friends told police she had gone missing for an hour at the party and people were calling her “the legend” because she was the youngest person at the party as an eighth-grader. Additionally, the victim recalled dancing with the suspects and telling them she was “ready to lose her virginity that night if they wanted to do it,” according to the search warrant documents. She did, however, say she was intoxicated when she said that and “freaked out” in the morning at the thought of having had sex.

After the victim’s evaluation, she learned the suspects and possibly another had “evidence of the rape” on their phones but she had “no clue” the photos were being taken.

According to Washington State law, suspects who rape a victim under the age of 18 can be prosecuted until the victim’s 30th birthday.

In consideration of how we voice our opinions in the modern world, we’ve closed comments on our websites. We value the opinions of our readers and we encourage you to keep the conversation going.

Please feel free to share your story tips by emailing

To share your opinion for publication, submit a letter through our website Include your name, address and daytime phone number. (We’ll only publish your name and hometown.) We reserve the right to edit letters, but if you keep yours to 300 words or less, we won’t ask you to shorten it.

More in News

Drive-thru COVID-19 virus testing last week in the parking lot near Everett Memorial Stadium in Everett. A study by the University of Washington and UnitedHealth Group, conducted at Everett Clinic locations, found that a less-intrusive form of the coronavirus test would require fewer precautions by health care workers. (Andy Bronson / The Herald)
New self-swab COVID-19 test is just as accurate, study finds

The study, under peer review, was led by an Everett Clinic doctor. It could speed up testing nationwide.

Life Care Center (LCC) of Kirkland is facing more than $600,000 in fines for its response to the COVID-19 outbreak in its facility. Samantha Pak/Sound Publishing
Life Care in Kirkland facing more than $600K in fines for COVID-19 response

The facility has until Sept. 16 to pay or address areas of concern or it will be terminated.

Dentist checking patient’s teeth. Sound Publishing file photo
Dental foundation serves Medicaid patients through COVID-19

The Arcora Foundation is also attempting to expand its urgent care database, allowing those with different insurances to use its services during the outbreak.

Gov. Jay Inslee during a press conference April 2, 2020. (Photo courtesy of Gov. Inslee’s Facebook page)
Gov. Inslee extends stay-home order to May 4

As in other states, demand for intensive health care due to COVID-19 is expected to peak later in April.

Bellevue police virtual town hall postponed

The meeting was postponed at the last minute after an employee became ill.

Unemployment claims continue to climb

For the week of March 22-28, claims have reached more than 181,000.

Inslee to state businesses: Pivot to make medical equipment

The governor said Wednesday that the state must become self-reliant in the fight against COVID-19.

Eastsiders utilize technology to keep things running during COVID-19 outbreak

Technology and online habits have allowed businesses, city governments, nonprofits and residents to keep going while maintaining social distancing.

Most Read