Here are the latest developments related to the COVID-19 outbreak in King County and Washington, and links to more information.
Saturday, March 28
Note: The count of cases and deaths is a moving target. Our numbers may not match what other news outlets are reporting.
• At least 4,310 confirmed cases statewide (194 fatalities). At least 54,896 state residents have tested negative.
• 912 cases in Snohomish County (23 fatalities)
• 93 cases in Island County (1 fatality).
• 282 cases in Pierce County (5 fatalities).
• Other counties reporting deaths: Benton (5), Chelan (1), Clark (6), Grant (1), Skagit (3), Spokane (2), Whatcom (4), Yakima (2).
• Wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, or use alcohol sanitizer.
• Covering coughs and sneezes.
• Avoid touching eyes, nose or mouth with unwashed hands.
• Stay home if you’re sick or around someone who is.
• Don’t use a mask unless you are ill. Healthy people shouldn’t use them unless they’re treating someone who is sick.