With face coverings now mandated by the state for all public places, the city of Bellevue is working with the Bellevue Chamber to provide 40,000 free masks to residents with new dates and times available for pickup this week.
The masks are part of 25 million face coverings King County purchased to encourage the availability and use of personal protective equipment.
“Our partnership with the Chamber to get masks into the hands of our residents and businesses at no cost is a key component in our fight against COVID-19,” Mayor Lynne Robinson stated in a press release. “Wearing face coverings can reduce virus transmission, but people can’t be expected to have them readily at hand. This helps close that gap. I hope many people take advantage of this opportunity to stand strong as a community and stay safe.”
The chamber has enlisted member organizations to help facilitate distribution throughout the city. Staff and volunteers for the city will also help. Volunteers and Chamber staff have prepared kits containing two cloth face coverings each. Bellevue residents can pick them up at the following times and locations:
New times and locations for this week (week of July 6):
- Bellevue Chamber, Monday-Friday, noon-4 p.m. 330 112th Ave NE, Ste 100
- Salvation Army, Wednesday-Friday, noon-4 p.m. 911 164th Ave NE
- Bellevue Embroidery & NV Imprints (in Marketplace @ Factoria), Wednesday-Friday, noon-4 p.m. 4035 Factoria Blvd SE
- Tutta Bella (outside Crossroads Bellevue), Wednesday-Friday, noon-4 p.m. 15600 NE 8th St, Ste J1
- Bellevue Church, Wednesday-Friday, noon-4 p.m. 2015 Richards Rd
- Bellevue Farmer’s Market (information booth), Thursday, 3-7 p.m. 1717 Bellevue Way NE
Prior distribution locations/times:
- Bellevue Chamber, Wednesday, July 1, noon-4 p.m.
- Salvation Army, Wednesday and Thursday, July 1-2, noon-4 p.m.
- NV Imprints (in Marketplace @ Factoria), Wednesday and Thursday, July 1-2, noon-4 p.m.
- Tutta Bella (outside Crossroads Bellevue), Wednesday and Thursday, July 1-2, noon-4 p.m.
- Bellevue Farmer’s Market (information booth), Thursday, July 2, 3-7 p.m.
The Chamber has already distributed over 35,000 combinations of disposable and cloth masks and 1,400 bottles of sanitizer to local businesses and nonprofits over during the past two weeks. Business supplies are still available for pickup at the Chamber office. To reserve supplies for your business, visit the Bellevue Chamber and complete the request form.