Heritage Corner is a weekly feature
of the Bellevue Reporter. Material is provided by the Eastside Heritage Center.
100th Ave NE and NE 4th St.
Here we see two views of the same intersection, one in 1959 and one in 2007. The maples seen in the earlier image were planted in the early 1900s. When the street was widened in the 1960s city planners had to remove them, but new trees were planted in their stead.
To learn more about Bellevue and Eastside history, contact the Eastside Heritage Center at 425-450-1049 or visit www.EastsideHeritageCenter.org.