All nine Bellevue fire stations are accepting food and toys for Bellevue families in need. The Toy and Food Drive, operated by the Bellevue Firefighters Community Support Foundation, will run from Nov. 1 to Dec. 12.
New, unwrapped toys will be handed out at the Crossroads Youth Holiday Party on Dec. 19. Non-perishable canned and prepackaged food will go to Hopelink, which operates food banks in Bellevue. Gifts will be accepted through Dec. 24, for distribution to Bellevue families experiencing challenges this holiday season.
Any of the following contributions would be welcome:
- for infants, plush animals, toys and gift cards
- for children ages 3-10, new books, games, sports equipment such as soccer balls and basketballs, arts and crafts kits, cars/trucks, dolls and plush animals
- for teens, gift cards to restaurants, malls and clothing and music stores
- cash donations to purchase needed items.
For more information about the celebration or donations needed, please contact Vicki Drake, community services supervisor, Crossroads Community Center at 425-452-4874.
- Station One – 766 Bellevue Way SE (Downtown/West Bellevue)
- Station Two – 2802 148th Ave. SE (Eastgate/Lake Hills/W. Lake Sammamish)
- Station Three – 16100 NE Eighth St. (Crossroads/NE Bellevue)
- Station Four – 4216 Factoria Blvd. SE (Factoria/Somerset)
- Station Five- 9621 NE 24th St. (Northwest Bellevue)
- Station Six – 1850 132nd Ave. NE (Bridle Trails/Wilburton)
- Station Seven – 11900 SE Eighth St. (Wilburton/Woodridge)
- Station Eight – 5701 Lakemont Blvd. SE (Eastgate/Cougar Mountain)
- Station Nine – 12412 SE 69th Way (Newport)