Firefighters battle early-morning fire in Eastgate
June 3, 2009 · 12:47 PM
Firefighters battle early-morning fire in Bellevue
Fire crews responded this morning to a residential structure fire in an Eastgate neighborhood, where flames caused extensive damage to a rental home, engulfed a carport and spread to an adjoining structure.
The three people living in the rental unit were able to escape without injury, but one car was destroyed in the fire and a pet cat is possibly missing.
The fire occurred in the 14800 block of Southeast 46th Street at around 4:30 a.m. Initial 911 calls indicated there was an explosion along with the fire.
Fire crews found a ruptured barbecue-grill propane bottle among the debris.
It is not known whether the rupture occurred before or after the main fire.
There were no injuries to firefighters or occupants.