News

Early morning fire causes major damage to Eastgate home

The Bellevue Fire Department reports no one was injured in an early Sunday morning blaze that caused more than $150,000 in damage to an Eastgate home that tore through the rear of the property and into the attic.

Crews responded to a home on the 15900 block of Southeast 42nd Place around 12:50 a.m. Sunday, where the fire was found in the rear of the house and porch with flames entering the attic. The fire was under control in less than 30 minutes. Investigators have listed the fire as accidental, and originated along an exterior wall, according to a news release.

 

We encourage an open exchange of ideas on this story's topic, but we ask you to follow our guidelines for respecting community standards. Personal attacks, inappropriate language, and off-topic comments may be removed, and comment privileges revoked, per our Terms of Use. Please see our FAQ if you have questions or concerns about using Facebook to comment.

Read the Nov 21
Green Edition

Browse the print edition page by page, including stories and ads.

Browse the archives.

Friends to Follow

View All Updates