- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Fourth of July events set for Downtown Bellevue
The Eastside’s largest 4th of July event in Bellevue Downtown Park will honor America’s birthday for the 23rd consecutive year, featuring a live performance by the Bellevue Youth Symphony Orchestra and a spectacular fireworks display.
The Bellevue Downtown Association also announced new major sponsors for this year’s celebration. The Bellevue Collection will serve as the title sponsor. PACCAR Inc and Puget Sound Energy are this year’s presenting sponsors. Republic Services returns as the event’s main stage sponsor.
“We’re grateful for the three key ingredients that drive this event’s success,” said BDA President Patrick Bannon. “We have a strong co-producing partner in the city of Bellevue. Families from across the region embrace the tradition, the live music and fireworks. And our local businesses, year-after-year, show great support for community celebrations in our vibrant city.”
Here’s what’s scheduled this year:
Republic Services Main Stage
Live entertainment with performances from top regional bands will begin at 3:45 p.m.
The Bellevue Fire Department Honor Guard will conduct the presentation and placement of colors at 9 p.m., followed by the National Anthem performed by the Bellevue High School Choir.
At 9:30 p.m., the youth orchestra will take center stage under the direction of Teresa Metzger Howe to present a special Independence Day performance before, during and after the fireworks display.
Bellevue Parks Family Fun Zone
The Bellevue Parks Family Fun Zone with a free interactive play area, jugglers, mascots, games, ticketed inflatable rides, tattoo art and more, opens at 2 p.m.
A toymaker will be on-site with free make-it take-it toys for children to take home.
Getting to event
The 20-acre Bellevue Downtown Park is located immediately south of Bellevue Square at 10201 N.E. Fourth St. Complimentary event parking is offered after 6 p.m. at the Bellevue Collection (Bellevue Square, Lincoln Square and Bellevue Place). Free parking also is available in the visitors’ lot at Bellevue City Hall,(450 110th Ave. N.E.
Here’s the schedule of events for the downtown celebration.
- 9 a.m.: 2nd Annual Acura of Bellevue Four on the 4th Dog Jog & Walk at Ashwood Park
- 2 p.m.: Bellevue Parks Family Fun Zone opens at Bellevue Downtown Park
- 3:45 p.m.: Longstride (Reggae, Rock and Groove Band) on the Republic Services Main Stage
- 5:30 p.m.: Sammy Steele Band (Country Alternative) on the Republic Services Main Stage
- 7:15 p.m.: Emerald City Throwdown (Dance Hits from the ‘60s and today) on the Republic Services Main Stage
- 9 p.m.: Presentation of the Colors — Bellevue Fire Department Honor Guard
- 9:05 p.m.: National Anthem by the Bellevue High School choir
- 9:30 p.m.: Special Independence Day performance by the Bellevue Youth Symphony Orchestra on the Republic Services Main Stage
- 10:05 p.m.: Fireworks show set to a live performance by the Bellevue Youth Symphony Orchestra
- 10:30 p.m.: Bellevue Youth Symphony Orchestra post-fireworks performance on the Republic Services Main Stage