News

Kitchen fire in Crossroads causes $50,000 in damage

An appliance fire that burst into a kitchen fire Saturday caused around $50,000 in damage, according to a city of Bellevue press release.

Firefighters from the Bellevue and Redmond fire departments responded to the 165 block of NE 10th Street — in the Crossroads neighborhood — within four minutes and were able to bring the blaze under control in five.

Heavy smoke was exiting the front door of the home. The residents and their dog had already exited the domicile without injury. Firefighters entered through the front door and were able to quickly locate a pot full of cooking oil on the stove. The pot was removed and the crews extinguished the remaining fire that had extended to the microwave and cabinet areas above the stove.

Fire investigators determined the value of the damage and are currently looking into the fire's cause. No firefighters were injured in the incident.

Our Mobile Apps

Community Events, April 2014

Add an Event
We encourage an open exchange of ideas on this story's topic, but we ask you to follow our guidelines for respecting community standards. Personal attacks, inappropriate language, and off-topic comments may be removed, and comment privileges revoked, per our Terms of Use. Please see our FAQ if you have questions or concerns about using Facebook to comment.

Read the latest Green Edition

Browse the print edition page by page, including stories and ads.

Apr 18 edition online now. Browse the archives.