- About Us
What not to do with a kitchen fire
Bellevue firefighter Will Dunne demonstrates the dangers of a fire on a stove to onlookers at Fire Station No. 3 in Crossroads on Saturday morning, Oct 5. The activity was part of a citywide open house at Bellevue fire stations to celebrate Fire Prevention Week, which starts Sunday. Dunne, who works at Fire Station No. 1 in downtown Bellevue, said the majority of fires that the fire department responds to in the downtown area are kitchen fires. Dunne was showing people that pouring water on a grease fire only makes the situation worse. His recommendation: call 9-1-1.