- About Us
Make your home festive this season
Though one of the best parts of winter is getting out of the cool, crisp air and into the cozy, comfort of your home, trendsetting crafters are bringing the beauty of nature inside their houses when decorating for the holidays this year.
"This holiday season, the outdoors are in," says Nicole Long, Manager of Inspiration for Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft Stores. "Pine cones, evergreen, moss and grapevine can give your traditional decor a rustic, natural look."
If you're having trouble getting inspired, here are some ideas from the experts at Jo-Ann:
- Dress up the entrance of your home with an especially festive look. Wire a small twig wreath to a larger grapevine wreath and then decorate with dazzling embellishments, stems and greenery
- Give your mantel a cozy makeover by hanging knitted stockings, embellished with berries and leaves. Then fill them with gifts galore!
- Deck the halls with pictures of loved ones and celebrations past. Turn a traditional pine garland of berries and pine cones into a personal keepsake of fond memories by adding handcrafted wire frames of your favorite family photos.
- Paint pine cones red, gold, burgundy and green. Don' be afraid to add a little glitz with a coat of clear glitter on each one. Showcase them in a simple glass container for a beautiful centerpiece or side table decoration.
- Fashion a hanging basket out of grapevine wreath. Place battery-operated lights within the basket and fill with ornaments.
- For a delicious holiday goodie bag, dip peppermint sticks in melted chocolate and decorate with sprinkles or chopped nuts. Place them in treat bags with ribbon then give to family and friends throughout the season.
- Print Victorian-era designs onto paper, then decoupage onto wood shapes. Glitter the edges and tie on a shiny ribbon to create a lovely, vintage-inspired ornament.