Independent designers in Washington have a chance to become one of a handful of featured designers at the fourth annual Independent Designer Runway Show (IDRS) at the 10th Annual Fashion Week at The Bellevue Collection. Applications are now being accepted for the show, set for Sept. 23.
One winning designer will be awarded a cash prize and featured display in Bellevue Square. The event kicks off the annual weeklong fashion event. Last year’s show sold out with over 600 attendees.
Designers selected for the show will receive:
· Ten looks featured in fully produced runway show segment in Fashion Week at The Bellevue Collection’s Independent Designer Runway Show
· Feature in Seattle Met Magazine IDRS Designer Profile Booklet;
· Highlighted in Fashion Week marketing materials including official website and social media;
· Mentorship by a panel of fashion industry experts;
· Chance to win top honors at the show, including a $5,000 cash prize furnished by The Kemper Freeman Family and The Bellevue Collection and have their designs on display at Bellevue Square during October.
Designer applications are due March 15. Selected designers will be interviewed by the panel of judges with final selection to be announced April 17.
The Bellevue Collection launched the Independent Designer Show in 2012 as a way to support the local designer industry and foster relationships for future growth.
To apply, visit BellevueCollection.com/FashionWeek. Send applications or questions to Julie.Hamasaki@kemperdc.com. For more information, go to BellevueCollection.com/FashionWeek.