This Friday through Sunday will mark the 70th anniversary of Bellevue’s original arts fair, which has multiplied to three events and become one of the city’s biggest draws.
Several downtown streets will be closed for the free fairs, which typically pull in more than 300,000 visitors over the three-day weekend. Other attractions include live music, food and children’s art activities.
The arts fair is made up of the following events:
BAM ARTSfair: Celebrating its 70th anniversary, the Bellevue Arts Museum ARTSfair features handmade crafts and art from 300 artists. Located at Bellevue Square and Bellevue Arts Museum, 510 Bellevue Way NE; Friday-Saturday, 9:30 a.m.-9:30 p.m.; Sun., 9:30 a.m.-6 p.m.
6th Street Fair: The 6th Street Fair offers original work by 120 artists in an open-air setting of sculpture, jewelry, home décor, glass work, fabrics and more. Located at Northeast Sixth Street and 106th Avenue Northeast; Friday and Saturday, 10 a.m.-8 p.m.; and Sunday, 10 a.m.-6 p.m.
Bellevue Festival of the Arts: Bellevue Festival of the Arts, in its 32nd year, is an arts and crafts fair with 200 artisans and craftspeople and judged by a jury. Located at Cost Plus World Market parking lot (10300 NE Eighth St.); Friday and Saturday, 10 a.m.-8 p.m., and Sunday, 10 a.m.-6 p.m.
To handle the thousands of visitors, several downtown streets will be closed, but businesses will remain open and accessible.
- 100th Ave. NE will be closed southbound from NE 10th St. to NE Eighth St. on Thursday, July 28, 6:30 a.m.-9 p.m.; and Sunday, July 31, 5-10 p.m.;
- 100th Ave. NE will be closed northbound from NE Fourth St. to NE Eighth St. on Thursday, July 28, 7 a.m.-3 p.m.; and Sunday, July 31, 5-10 p.m.;
- Northeast 10th Street will be closed westbound between 106th and 108th avenues on Thursday, July 28, 5-10 p.m., and Sunday, July 31, 5-10 p.m.;
- 106th Ave. NE will be closed in both directions from NE Fourth to NE Sixth St from 6 p.m. Thursday, July 28, until 10 p.m. Sunday, July 31;
- NE Sixth St. will be closed in both directions from Bellevue Way to 106th Ave. NE from 6 p.m. Thursday, July 28, until 10 p.m. Sunday, July 31;
102nd Ave. NE will be closed in both directions from NE Eighth to NE 10th St. from 7 a.m. Friday, July 29, until 10 p.m. Sunday, July 31.
Transportation alternatives to driving are available through Choose Your Way Bellevue. For bus route information and schedules, visit the Metro Transit or Sound Transit website. Paid parking, available at many downtown buildings, is affordable and convenient. Prices vary by location.