- About Us
Bellevue Arts Museum announces artsfair award winners
The Bellevue Arts Museum has announced the winners of the Carol Duke Artist Awards of Excellence sponsored by Tiffany & Co.
The award is given every year to the top 10 artists of BAM artsfair, which features over 300 juried artists from across the nation and a multitude of free community programs. The award comes with a $1,000 cash prize which will be presented at BAM's annual fundraiser, Artful Evening, on July 17.
The 10 winners are:
Ceramics: Matthew Allison – Seattle
Wood: Michael Bauermeister – Augusta, MO
Painting: Brian Blackham – Helper, UT
Jewelry: Melissa Finelli – Boston
Sculpture: Jennifer Ivory – Corvalis, OR
Ceramics: Brian Jones – Portland, OR
Jewelry: Seung-Hea Lee – Providence, RI
Glass: Richard Parrish – Bozeman, MT
Ceramics: Kenneth Standhardt – Eugene, OR
Jewelry: Kiwon Wang – New York
The winners were chosen by a jury of art professionals including: Nora Atkinson, Curator, Bellevue Arts Museum; Cable Griffith, Curator, Kirkland Arts Center; and Yoko Ott, Director, Open Satellite - Bellevue.
The award commemorates one of the fair's original managers and arts activist, Carol Duke (1928 - 1995).
The 64th BAM artsfair will be held Friday through Sunday, July 23, 24 and 25 at the Bellevue Arts Museum and at Bellevue Square.
The event will include:
* 325 juried exhibitors offering handmade arts and crafts. Media include drawing/pastels, fiber, furniture, glass, jewelry, metal work, mixed media, painting, photography, printmaking, sculpture, wearables and wood.
* kidsfair sponsored Overlake Hospital Medical Center featuring fun, hands-on art activities.
* Sound & Movement Stage showcasing contemporary dance, jazz ensembles, theatre and more.
* Chalk It Up! sponsored by Comcast – a free outdoor chalk activity for children big and small.
* Free admission to Bellevue Arts Museum throughout all three days of the festival thanks to Parker, Smith & Feek.
* Arts in Action Demonstrations Stage sponsored by MulvannyG2 Architecture that will include hot glassblowing.
* Brian Major, a celebrated chalk artist who once again recreate a famous masterpiece in chalk.
Hours for the artsfair are 9:30 a.m. to 9:30 p.m. Friday and Saturday and 9:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Sunday. Event details are at www.bellevuearts.org/fair/index.htm