- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Bellevue Arts Museum announces artsfair award winners
The Bellevue Arts Museum has announced the winners of the Carol Duke Artist Awards of Excellence sponsored by Tiffany & Co.
The award is given every year to the top 10 artists of BAM artsfair, which features over 300 juried artists from across the nation and a multitude of free community programs. The award comes with a $1,000 cash prize which will be presented at BAM's annual fundraiser, Artful Evening, on July 17.
The 10 winners are:
Ceramics: Matthew Allison – Seattle
Wood: Michael Bauermeister – Augusta, MO
Painting: Brian Blackham – Helper, UT
Jewelry: Melissa Finelli – Boston
Sculpture: Jennifer Ivory – Corvalis, OR
Ceramics: Brian Jones – Portland, OR
Jewelry: Seung-Hea Lee – Providence, RI
Glass: Richard Parrish – Bozeman, MT
Ceramics: Kenneth Standhardt – Eugene, OR
Jewelry: Kiwon Wang – New York
The winners were chosen by a jury of art professionals including: Nora Atkinson, Curator, Bellevue Arts Museum; Cable Griffith, Curator, Kirkland Arts Center; and Yoko Ott, Director, Open Satellite - Bellevue.
The award commemorates one of the fair's original managers and arts activist, Carol Duke (1928 - 1995).
The 64th BAM artsfair will be held Friday through Sunday, July 23, 24 and 25 at the Bellevue Arts Museum and at Bellevue Square.
The event will include:
* 325 juried exhibitors offering handmade arts and crafts. Media include drawing/pastels, fiber, furniture, glass, jewelry, metal work, mixed media, painting, photography, printmaking, sculpture, wearables and wood.
* kidsfair sponsored Overlake Hospital Medical Center featuring fun, hands-on art activities.
* Sound & Movement Stage showcasing contemporary dance, jazz ensembles, theatre and more.
* Chalk It Up! sponsored by Comcast – a free outdoor chalk activity for children big and small.
* Free admission to Bellevue Arts Museum throughout all three days of the festival thanks to Parker, Smith & Feek.
* Arts in Action Demonstrations Stage sponsored by MulvannyG2 Architecture that will include hot glassblowing.
* Brian Major, a celebrated chalk artist who once again recreate a famous masterpiece in chalk.
Hours for the artsfair are 9:30 a.m. to 9:30 p.m. Friday and Saturday and 9:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Sunday. Event details are at www.bellevuearts.org/fair/index.htm