- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Eastside Glass and Paint | Heritage Corner
The Eastside Paint and Glass building, at 10246 Main Street, was originally built in 1920. The building has housed many businesses over the years, including a meat market, a shoe repair shop and a tavern.
In 1946 it became the home of Eastside Glass Co., owned by the Vander Hoek family. Paul Vander Hoek was instrumental in starting both the Bellevue Chamber of Commerce and the Bellevue Downtown Association. He was often called the “Mayor of Main Street.” The Eastside Glass retail store remained in the building until 1986.
Heritage Corner is a feature in the Bellevue Reporter. To learn more about Bellevue and Eastside history contact the Eastside Heritage Center at 425-450-1049 or visit EastsideHeritageCenter.org.