To honor veterans and active-duty military personnel, Applebee’s Neighborhood Grill and Bar will provide a free meal on Veterans Day, Nov. 11.
Restaurants throughout Washington and Idaho, including both Bellevue locations, will celebrate the 10 anniversary of the program. Since 2008, Applebee’s has donated more than 8.3 million free meals to veterans and active-duty military men and women. Nationwide, the restaurant anticipates serving 1 million more free meals this Veterans Day.
“We look forward to welcoming local veterans and active-duty military at Applebee’s on Saturday, Nov. 11 for a free meal,” Jenifer Renteria, the regional marketing coordinator with Apple American Group, said. “Listening to their incredible stories and getting to meet the American heroes in our neighborhood makes this day extra special and is why year after year, we are honored to participate.”
Applebee’s special Veterans Day menu includes seven of its signature dishes, including:
- The American Standard Burger – Juicy all-beef patty with seared-in bacon, diced onions and pickles topped with melted American cheese, our signature sauce and a Brioche bun. Served with fries.
- Butcher’s Meat and Potatoes – USDA Choice top sirloin, tomatoes, mushrooms, stout gravy, garlic mashers and crispy onions.
- Three-Cheese Chicken Cavatappi – Asiago, parmesan and white cheddar are mixed with corkscrew cavatappi pasta in a rich Parmesan cream sauce and then topped with grilled chicken, bruschetta tomatoes and basil.
- Chicken Tenders Platter – Crispy breaded chicken tenders are a grill and bar classic. Served with fries, slaw and honey dijon mustard.
- Fiesta Lime Chicken – A celebration of flavor, this dish delivers on every level. Grilled chicken glazed with zesty lime sauce and drizzled with tangy Mexi-ranch is smothered with a rich blend of cheddar cheeses on a bed of crispy tortilla strips. Served with Spanish rice and house-made pico de gallo.
- Double Crunch Shrimp – Crispy battered shrimp are fried golden brown. Served with cocktail sauce, tartar sauce, slaw and fries.
- Oriental Chicken Salad – A long-running favorite, crispy breaded chicken tenders top a bed of Asian greens, rice noodles and almonds tossed in our oriental vinaigrette. Also available with grilled chicken.
Complimentary meals from the Veterans Day menu will be available for dine-in only at Applebee’s owned and operated by Apple American Group. In order to receive a free meal on Saturday, Nov. 11, guests need to provide proof of military service, which includes: U.S. Uniform Services Identification Card, U.S. Uniform Services Retired Identification Card, Current Leave and Earnings Statement, Veterans Organization Card, photograph in uniform or wearing uniform, DD214, Citation or Commendation.
Additionally, through Nov. 11, Washington and Idaho locations are also inviting guests to thank their local retired and active duty military members through their Buy A Vet A Bud program, where guests can purchase a Budweiser, Bud Light or O’Douls beer at their local Applebee’s to be given to a deserving veteran who provides proof of service in-restaurant on Veterans Day free of charge. Guests must be 21 years old or older to purchase and redeem.
Participating guests will also have the opportunity to create an original label with a personal message, which will be put on the bottle before it is served to the veteran.
The two Bellevue Applebee’s restaurants are located at 13856 Bel-Red Road and 3520 Factoria Blvd SE.
For more information, please visit www.applebees.com/veterans.