Bellevue Goodwill’s Job Training and Education Center, located at 14515 NE 20th Street, is enrolling people in free classes for the summer session, which runs from May 27 to July 17. The courses teach people with significant barriers to employment skills needed to find and keep jobs.
In addition to Adult Basic Education classes, the center will offer Career Skills Workshops as part of the Goodwill Works program. Goodwill Works is a “soft skills” program that focuses on personality and behavior rather than formal or technical knowledge. Students can take workshops on interviewing, resume writing and time management.
The following classes are available:
* Basic English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) – Tuesdays and Thursdays from 1:30 to 2:30 p.m.
* Intermediate ESOL – Mondays and Wednesdays from 5:30 to 6:30 p.m.
* Computer Fundamentals (for those with little or no computer experience) – Tuesdays and Thursdays from 1 to 3 p.m. or 5:30 to 7:30 p.m.
* Microsoft Word – Mondays and Wednesdays from 1:30 to 3 p.m., June 30 – July 9 only.
* Goodwill Works Career Skills Workshops – All workshops are Monday and Wednesday from 1 to 3 p.m.
o Interviewing – June 9 and 11
o Resume Writing – June 16 and 18
o Time Management – June 23 and 25
More information is available from Cynthia Johnson, Bellevue Goodwill Job Training and Education Program Specialist, at 425-289-0040 or email@example.com.